George Banting was b.1790c and baptised in Clanville (Clanfield) a hamlet near Andover.
- His parents John and Ann moved to Hambledon Hampshire sometime between 1790 and 1792, when his brother William was born in Hambledon
- By the age of 15 George was already apprenticed to Edward Aburrow a Master Tailor
- 8 years later at the age of 23 George married Mary Gover from the village of Meonstoke, a couple of miles away from Hambledon.
- They were married in the church of St Marys Portsea on 10th October 1813.
- Their son George Gover Banting had been baptised at the church of St Pauls Hambledon on the 5th September 1813.
George can be found in both 1841 and 1851 census, living in Green Lane Hambledon and working as a tailor.
His children: George b.1813 Mary Ann b.1815 John b.1817 Eliza b.1819 James b.1822 Charles b.1826 Harriet b.1829 Jonah b.1834 Ellen b.1835
George died on 29th May 1856 at Worlds End which is a small hamlet south of Hambledon